Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Every Dog Has His Day

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's" ~ Mark Twain , letter to WD Howells 1899

A few days after Chester was diagnosed with Lymphoma, Matt called to tell me that a nice woman that he works with said a local Toyota Dealership was having a dog photo contest for a calendar, knowing that we have tons of photos of our dogs. I decided I'd drop off the photo because you never know. At the dealership they weren't very sure about it but one nice woman said she'd submit it. I didn't have a lot of confidence that this photo just wasn't going to end up in the old circular file.

I then got a call that he was a semi-finalist. Okay, cool...so they didn't throw it away!

Yesterday, I received an email from a promotional company contracted by Toyota that Chester will be one of 12 dogs in the NATIONAL CALENDAR. He won, HE WON! Apparently this calendar will be given out at Toyota dealerships nationwide in '09. I'm sincerely hoping that they put a little blurb that Chester was a rescue from www.boxerrescue.com. I'd LOVE THAT!

I can't think of a better tribute to a gentleman of a dog. Way to go CHESTER!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a tribute to a wonderful companion! The photo is captivating!
Congratulations again...I can't wait to get my hands on my very own copy!