Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy Bee...well sorta!

I'm back! Pun intended! I started working on photos again today when I'm lucid (I think) and the pain pills are doing what they do so well. I'm so far behind...forgive me please!

On Thursday I had a discectomy, replacement (with a polymer not cadaver...thank goodness) and a fusion with titanium rods on my neck region. They went in through the front (just like my lovely sister described). Luckily my age folds in my neck, um, er wrinkles, will cover the scar eventually. Other than post surgical pain in my neck ( and the pain in the neck that I am to my family) the neck pain that I was having and radiating into my arm and shoulders seems to be gone. WAHHHHOOOO!

I'm going back ONE more time for surgery either right before Christmas or right after to do more bionic schtuff on my lumbar. Yeah, so like I'm cool now and have the frequent customer punch card and everything. I think I get a snowball or something when I fill it all up. Awesome. I'm now on a first name basis with all my nurses and everything. So I'm all like, "how's baby Susie?" when they are doing my IV and everything. It's fun.

This will be my 3rd and last surgery in the past 6 months. Wow! Who'da thunk that when I stepped out of bed that fateful morning at the beach, or picked up that can of cream of chicken at the grocery that it would turn me into a regular at the spine center! Well, there are worse places to be a frequent customer.

I'm busy working on all the shoots I did in October when I'm able, so I will have them to you as soon as possible. Don't forget, my canvas company is having a BLOWOUT sale on canvases so if you need Holiday gifts...check out
www.pixel2canvas.com and then call me. I can upload your images and everything...easy peasy pumpkin squeasy. Okay, now you can tell I'm drugged. I. better. stop. typing.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

So glad to see you up and moving. Wow you certainly have been through it! Sounds so painful, but I am glad that you are feeling some relief. Yet another surgery, wow hard to fathom! Sending you get well wishes!