Monday, September 7, 2009

BLACK CABINETS!!!

These aren't even all the way dry but I had to pop some of my dishes in their to take a peek of what it might look like. I quickly took the stuff back out so it won't stick! I am totally lovin' them! That little piece of trim at the top will get painted too but poor Matt has realized now that he may have to repaint the whole kitchen when he gets done because the black paint is bleeding through the painters tape! EEEEKK. I'm still going to stick with my pale buttery yellow walls when that time comes because I still love it! I really love how the bits of blue paint are peeking out here and there, I distressed where the knobs will go more heavily because that's how it would be naturally anyway. I think these open shelves are going to be so convenient and open up the cabinets because since they are dark it could have had a tendency to be DARK. ;-) Luckily we have a very sunny kitchen and family room area so I don't think that will ever be a problem.

We are going to repaint all of our brass knobs with a hammered aluminum finish spray paint. I've already tested it on my towel holder in the first photo at the
left and it worked beautifully! That sure will save us oodles of cash. The kids are having a fit because all of our appliances are stainless except our fridge, which is still off-white. It's a 17 year old Amana and doesn't show any signs of slowing down, THANK GOD! This currently one income family wouldn't be too happy if we had to get a new one! Well the kids would be happy but what do they know!

If you've been wondering about my back, I'll give you an update. If not, you can stop reading now! LOL I'm still going to physical therapy 2-3 times a week. I've been going over a year now and I love those ladies there! Sometimes it what keeps me semi-sane. I'm still having tremendous pain issues in my lumbar and considering we are now 4 months post-op I'm wondering how much could truly be post-operative pain. It's doubtful to me. I'm still keeping the one day on one day off schedule of activity. The days off, I basically spend the majority of it laying down (which is where I get the most relief) and the other days I still have to spend a couple hours laying as well. So yeah, I'm basically a
total slug!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lori said...

wow! i haven't commented in a long time ever since the facebook thing consumed me and posts!
anyway...your blog still looks great and so does your new kitchen in process! i love it! my grandma has black and red in her kitchen from my childhood memory and i remember thinking it was so cool!
anyway...just poppin' in to say "hi!"
~lori