Sunday, June 6, 2010

ALMOST DONE...kinda! BUILT IN UPDATE

SWOOOON!  I almost just can't stand the excitement!
Posted by Picasa
BUILT IN UPDATE

Let me first say, that I hope it's okay to be this excited about one of your own projects!  Otherwise I'm a selfish cretin!  If you want to see some other posts about our built in NOOK go here  here here here and here  there are actually more references but I don't want to go on and on.  Um, well, I think I just did!  Sorry...I'm happy!

As part of my physical therapy, actually the ONLY PT I have at this point is walking.  By 8 weeks I'm supposed to be walking 2 miles but I doubt that's going to happen.  I've been cheating lately and instead of walking around our neighborhood daily, I'll have someone take me to Target or Home Depot instead.  Do you think that counts?  Today, I had my husband take me to an antique mall (He took me to a different one last weekend for my PYSICAL THERAPY).  I'm really looking for a 5 (for my CHAOTIC HOUSE OF 5).  Any old antique 5.  Doesn't sound too difficult huh?  I can't find it so I'm going to pick out a fun font and Handy Husband is going to cut it on the jig saw and I'll antique it. (I FEEL A TUTORIAL COMING ON) I'm still waiting on the cool piece of "art" I ordered from my canvas company (it's not canvas though....ohhhh) it should be here by Tuesday.  I ADORE my light, it's on a dimmer but we bought a bad dimmer so HH has to put the new one on still.  I can already tell Cosmo is trying to claim the seating area as his, so will be wrestling over that soon enough!  Stay tuned for the reveal....I'll try to let you know a date soon, okay?  THANKS CHICKAS!


Linking here The DIY Show OffMaking

8 comments:

COTTAG3 said...

I have that light and love it! I can't wait to see the reveal. For a 5, have you checked Etsy? Sometimes you can find a really cool vintage number there. Our family number is 3 and I have found some there pretty cheap!

Flaviana said...

Hi Robyn
that light is lovely!! and yes, waking to Home Depot or any other shopping haunt DOES count!!
I'm impatient for the reveal ..!!
xxx Flaviana
P.S. I e-mailed you a pic :-)

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

SURE IT COUNTS!!!! Those stores are huge and I'm sure you are walking and walking in there=0)

That light is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all done, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, LOL!

Have a great day,
xoxo,
Carol

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love the light! Walking is walking girl :)
XOXO

Tina said...

Hi Robyn:) I have had to catch up on your last three posts, sorry life has been super busy:( I am glad you got to have a lovely visit with sweet Levi, that post made me cry! I also loved your gorgeous photos from your last post, gorgeous!! Now onto this post...Eeeek, I LOVE your light!!! it looks gorgeous, you must be so thrilled with it! As for your walking plan, I think walking shops and antique malls is brilliant:) Please, please do a tutorial when you get your no. 5 cut out, that would be awesome! I can't wait to see it. Oh did I say how much I love your light...oh ok I did!! Hope you are doing well my sweet friend. Hugs ~ Tina xx

My Cottage Charm said...

Bee U tee ful! :) Can't wait to see that artwork!
Antique Malls def count as walking! My feet end up killing me before I get out of those places and I know I prob walk more than 2 miles! lol
Have a great day girlfriend!
Missy

Little Emma English Home said...

Hi Robyn!! I'm so glad to hear about your progress. You have to walk where your heart leads you... ;) Your light is lovely, can't wait to see the rest! a warm hug from me xxx

sanjeet said...

Those stores are huge
PPC Advertising India