Friday, October 29, 2010

Guest Blogger...Vinyl LOVE!

Hey guys, my name is Missy
 and I'm hopping over from My Cottage Charm to do a guest post for Robyn, so she can spend some time with her family.

So here we go!

I got a Cricut not long ago, but
I also just recently bought some software to go with it
so I don't have to buy cartridges anymore!
(unless I just find one that's to die for....which could be next Thursday knowing me!)

:0)

The software is called Sure Cuts a Lot 2,
if any of you are interested
in knowing what it is.  You can take images from the internet
or scan them into your computer and load them on this software. 
You just buy a usb cable to hook up to your cricut and tell it
to cut from your computer......
OH the ENDLESS possibilities!!

Anywho~!... I decided to go beyond paper cutting and
went straight into the world of vinyl!
(and can I tell you I am totally addicted!)

This is my first project.....


I took my boring little cream colored lamp shade and
turned it into this.....




Now it's my, oooh la la, monogrammed lampshade!
I just LOVE it!


See how the light just glows from behind the lettering?!


Oh happy day!

Seeing as this was my first attempt at
vinyl, I wasn't too sure
about it sticking onto a fabric
lamp shade, but it's held on just fine!

I am addicted now....is there a vinyl anonymous out there?
Since my lampshades, I now have monograms in vinyl on
my phone and laptop and have several more things
waiting to be cut!
:0)

Addicted I tell ya!
Thanks for checking out my newest project
and for letting me pretend to be Robyn for a little bit!

:)

Have you guys been doing anything new?

HUGS!
Missy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahahah you go girl!!! But please stop at the moment you want to stick a funny face on your mirror!!!!! Or monograms on your sunglasses......there ARE limits;)))

Enjoy!

Lynda

A Southern Rose said...

I want one of those so badly! Been saving up. You are right, the possibilies are endless.

Anonymous said...

LOVE monograms... have a great weekend!!

E+J

It's me said...

Love the monograms......happy happy weekend darling.............love you........Ria....

Kate said...

Hi Missy
yes monograms are the hot tickets we love them on everything. looks perfect on that lamp. Great guest post

xo
Kate