Thursday, July 25, 2013

Double Crunch Blueberry Crisp

Blueberries are one of my family's favorite summer fruits.  I LOVE when they are big and bursting with flavor and on sale!  Here's a quick and easy Blueberry crisp recipe I made up a couple years ago.  My family LOVES the crispy part so this has extra crispies!  This makes a nice big dish so use a large casserole dish.

Double Crunch Blueberry Crisp

1 1/2 Cup flour
1 1/2 Cup quick cooking oats
1 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks of melted butter
5-6 cups ripe fresh blueberries, rinsed

2-3 Tablespoons of white sugar

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and melted butter.  Mix well and press only enough of the mixture on the bottom of the greased pan to completely cover it with no gaps.  Set the remaining aside.  Pour the blueberries on the crust and spread evenly.  Lightly sprinkle the sugar over all of the blueberries.  Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture on top of the blueberries.  Bake at 350 for about 40- 45 minutes till crispy and bubbly.  ENJOY~

buttered dish in large casserole

rinsed blueberries

crust patted on bottom of dish

sugar sprinkled on the blueberries after they are on the crust

top with the remaining oat mixture and bake

ENJOY
It's great with a big dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I'm pinning it. Today I am baking 5 dozen blueberry muffins and blueberry crisp. My guys inhale baked goods so I wlll be sure to try this recipe soon.