Thursday, July 11, 2013

BIG MIRROR decorating ideas!

I'm still brain storming ideas on the yet to be painted pea green Goodwill table in my post about my Retro glam foyer dresser makeover and the dreaded soup green table.  I'm thinking I might put it in the still mostly undecorated BOARD AND BATTEN LIVING ROOM.  As I mentioned in long past posts about that yet to be finished room I want it a live-able living room.   Not too stuffy but comfy while stile maintaining a living room feel.  Ever since we built the house I've been disappointed we didn't put a window on that side of the house.  To rectify that and because I LOVE them, I think I'm going to go with a BIG mirror.  Probably a DIY trumeau mirror.  Shhh, Matt doesn't know about that project yet! You can buy madelians like these from specialty hardware stores.  Simple ones are even on the shelves at Home Depot and Lowes.  Here's a couple DIY-able I like... these images via google



Here are some rooms I found on Pinterest that utilize big mirrors, just search large mirrors...  They are all and many more on my decor board on Pinterest, Whimages Decor Board
This first one is actually in my own family room. It's from an old post when we redid our kitchen on a BUDGET.  The mirror itself is mahogany and it's reclaimed from a torn down cigar bar in Baltimore years ago. My father and my husband salvaged it along with a bunch of other wood and voila!  Our nook has some of it.
The nook is above and below our family room with the BIG reclaimed mirror


Love the look of a large mirror against a wall.
I'm in love with this little vignette!


Favorite Things Friday | lizmarieblog.com  Love the large mirror
love the slim accents of antiqued gold
Love the different couches and large mirror.
Love the color scheme here and that curved Chippendale sofa....sigh!
large mirrors and plants
THIS looks retro glam to me.  LOVE this mirror!
Distressed Blue Turquoise Antique Indian Wood Large Mirror on Etsy, $499.00
LOVE the finishes on both of these pieces!
love it!
again...GLAM!!! yet shabby...another sigh!
entry: large mirror, small table
Cool mirror made from a salvaged something

Large mirrorBeautiful

1 comment:

My Cottage Charm said...

Love all those mirrors!!
Girl, I have tried calling you, fbing you, texting you....have you fallen off the planet?! Lol :-) I'm wondering if your numbers have changed since we talked last, give me a call when you get a chance! (((((Hugs))))))!!!!